How to Apply:
Complete and submit the electronic scholarship application form prior to the deadline. The required supporting documents listed below must be mailed in a single parcel by the deadline. If you have questions, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: ITMA’s 2014 scholarships have been awarded. Please check back with ITMA in the spring of 2015 for information regarding the 2015 scholarship program.
Candidates must be university students (undergraduate or graduate) majoring in a logistics-related curriculum in a Texas University. University students must have successfully completed at least 9 semester hours in each of the last two semesters (excluding summer sessions.) Past scholarship winners are eligible.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 in order to be considered for a scholarship.
- All scholarship recipients are expected to attend the ITMA Scholarship Awards luncheon.
- All scholarship recipients are required to attend one ITMA meeting each semester for which the scholarship is granted. At these meetings, the recipients will provide an update on key industry learning’s, projects, and for seniors, provide a brief introduction of who they are, their skills and what types of jobs or targeted companies they are seeking (i.e. elevator speech.) This may lead to job opportunities and reinforcing critical skills needed to conduct an effective job hunt.
- Each scholarship recipient will be assigned an ITMA mentor from the current ITMA board members. The role of the mentor will be to meet with the student once each semester for which the scholarship was granted. The role of the mentor will be to offer professional expertise that will provide the student:
- Industry insight from seasoned transportation professionals
- Provide career guidance and support
- Work with the student to develop job hunting interviewing skills and strategies.
An ITMA scholarship application will not be considered unless all three (3) of the following supporting documents are received by the submission deadline.
1. A certified copy of your college/university transcript
2. Two letters of recommendation from professors, and/or transportation/logistic professionals currently in the industry.
3. An essay explaining where you see yourself in 5 years and your career path. Include your objectives and any related work experience or volunteer work. (Minumum 2 pages and no more than 3 pages double spaced 12 font)
4. All candidates will participate in a panel interview conducted by ITMA board members.
Mail all three (3) supporting documents in a single parcel to:
ITMA Scholarship Director
PO Box 670228
Houston, TX 77267-0228
Click to see 2010 ITMA scholarship recipients
Click to see 2009 ITMA scholarship recipients
Click to see 2008 ITMA scholarship recipients
Click to see 2007 ITMA scholarship recipients